How to Create a Special Handling Request
As of now, our website features First-Class Mail and Priority Mail shipping options through USPS. You can always have your mail or package forwarded by a courier of your choice with an upgrade.
Create a shipment
In Ship Post, select the mail and/or packages that you would like to forward, so we know your shipping details. At this point, there is no need to worry about which shipping method you should select, because your next step will override this. Check our quick guide to creating a shipping request!
Contact customer service via email
Make sure you include the following information to expedite the process:
- Mailbox number
- Shipment number(s): A 6-digit number - locate this by clicking on view details (after creating your shipment order online).
- Special instructions / upgrades: It is important that you inform us with the courier of choice here, along with any other special requests, to make sure that we get your order correct and shipped out as soon as possible.
As of June 2016, find your pending order numbers under My Account > My Shipments.
Special Handling Requests require additional attention from our team, so cancelation of these requests may have handling fees associated. Please contact Customer Support should you need to cancel these requests.
For your convenience, use our sample email template below so that you can copy and paste when submitting a request to us. Just fill in the appropriate information.
Dear VPM, I’ve placed a shipping request and would like to upgrade the shipping method. Mailbox number: Shipment number(s): Special instructions / upgrade: Thank you! Love your awesome great service! :)
Once the package is sent out, a confirmation email will be sent out stating that your request has been fulfilled.
Here are some of the shipping methods that we support with upgrades:
- USPS First-Class Mail (downgrade for packages): there is no tracking for this method.
- USPS Express Mail: Domestic shipments are generally delivered the next business day, with the exception of certain regions that may take up to two business days. International shipments usually take three to five business days, but this is not guaranteed
- DHL: This is for international shipments only. It usually takes one to three business days and comes with point-by-point tracking.
- UPS Ground: This services usually take one to five business days and come with point-by-point tracking. This shipping option is available only for shipments within North America.
- UPS Standard: This international service is the same as UPS Ground but only available for Canada and Mexico. The price will be cheaper compared to air shipments.
- UPS and FedEx Air: Domestic shipments usually take one to three business days, depending on the shipping method. International shipments usually take three to five business days. These options come with point-by-point tracking.
How are these priced?
- Shipments that we process for special handling will be billed to you with the postage costs for the order itself plus a 10-20% surcharge (depending on the shipping courier) and a handling fee of $3.00/package and/or $0.15/mail item.
- Postage costs are determined by the weight and dimensions of your mail and packages. This is based off of the net consolidated weight after we assemble your order.