2020-06-01 Important Changes to Check Deposit and Pickup Services
Effective June, 1, 2020, we are making two permanent changes in preparation for what's to come post-COVID19.
1. Check Deposit Service Shipping and Pricing Updates
COVID-19 is currently creating high uncertainties in shipment deliveries. We are observing an increasing trend in delayed deliveries for the mailed-out deposits. The lack of any tracking status using our current default shipping method (USPS First Class) is causing a great deal of stress for many of you.
To give you peace of mind when depositing your checks, we are making the following improvement:
- Effective June 1, 2020, all check deposits will be mailed out using USPS First Class with tracking.
- USPS First Class Mail (no tracking) will no longer be an option for deposits going forward.
Trackable shipping will not make the delivery more reliable, but it will at least give you some status to pinpoint the approximate whereabouts of your deposits while they’re in transit.
The bad news: shipping using a trackable method is 9 times more costly than First Class Mail postage and will end up costing more than the fees we’re charging now.
What does that mean? To ensure that we continue servicing your check deposit needs, the following changes will be made to the check deposit pricing:
- Deposit service fee will increase to $10/deposit to one bank account. It includes one check and First Class shipping with tracking.
- Additional checks within the same deposit will continue to be an extra $1 each. This price is unchanged.
- The new pricing will go into effect on September 1, 2020.
- Between now and August 31, 2020, we will absorb the extra shipping costs.
We understand that everyone is in a tough spot right now, so we’re looking to do our part by covering some costs while still giving you some peace of mind.
2. Suspending Pickup Service Indefinitely
Effective June 1, 2020, we will permanently discontinue our In-Person Pickup Service.
As you may be aware, we temporarily suspended our pickup service over the past few months. The service suspension has caused confusion and disappointment in how we handled this situation. Our staff have even received threats due to this policy.
I understand that we may stand on different grounds when it comes to the social distancing and health protocols, but we place our highest priority on making sure our locations stay open to receive and process everyone’s mail. To service you without fail, we must pursue higher standards to protect our staff's safety and health. Reducing physical contact is one way for us to achieve this goal.
What should I do if I want to do pickups? We know that some of you have been waiting to pick up your mail. Therefore, we are allowing customers to arrange for one final pickup before July 1st. Please contact Customer Support to schedule your last pickup appointment. They will provide you with further instructions.
These changes have a big impact for all of us, but we must keep improving our service to better serve you in the new normal.
Please Stay Safe.
Founder and CEO