Using VirtualPostMail as your DELAWARE Registered Agent

If you own or are thinking of establishing a  DELAWARE corporation, limited liability company (LLC), or any state-level entity requiring a registered agent, then you can use VirtualPostMail (VPM) as your Registered Agent to receive and process legal mail for your business. This guide lists the steps to change your existing agent service to us.

Looking to form your Delaware LLC yourself? If so, check out our step-by-step video course on how to set up your own LLC, obtain an EIN, and open bank accounts for a low price.

Registered Agent Service Is FREE for Your Company

Registered Agent Service is offered free of charge to select plans. Costs to scan or forward your mail are based on those pricing plans — no extra monthly or annual fees!


To use VPM as your registered agent:

  • You must have a Delaware VPM mailbox account in order to use us as your Delaware Registered Agent.  Sign up for a mailbox if you don't have a mailbox with us.
  • Your account with us must be in good standing.
  • The corporation, LLC, or LP is, or will be, registered with the State of Delaware as either a domestic or foreign business entity. Domestic means that Delaware is the state where your business was initially chartered. Foreign means that your existing business is registered to do business in a state or jurisdiction other than where it was originally incorporated.
  • You must add the business as a recipient to your mailbox account. The business name must match the one that is registered with the state.
  • Notify us that you're utilizing us as your registered agent once you update or file your formation documents.

Updating Your Registered Agent to VPM for Your Existing Entity

If you have an existing company with another registered agent, please follow the steps below:

  1. Head over to the Delaware State's Division of Corporation's Change of Agent page and download the proper Change of Agent form for your business entity type.  For your convenience, here are the direct download links for the Corporation, LLC, and the LP.
  2. Read the instructions.  But in short, you will just need to complete the last page with your company name and the registered agent information. Please reach out to the following email address to obtain the registered agent details (include your company name and mailbox number):
    1. [email protected]
      1. We will respond with the name and address to input on the form. In addition, we will include our confirmation. 
  3. Download and then visit the following link to complete the Filing Cover Memo online.  
      1. You'll need to fill out your contact info, payment info, and any special filing instructions.
  4. The appropriate fees are $50.00. For non-profit corporations, the filing fee is only $5.

    Alternatively, you may request us to file the memo for you.  In this case, you are not required to complete the Filing Cover Memo online; we do take care of that.  We will bill you the filing fee plus a $40 service fee.  This fee will be deducted from your mailbox account.  When we receive the returned filed copy, we will notify you via email.                                                                                     
    For expedited processing, we will bill the following in addition to the fees mentioned above:
    1. $110 for 24-hour expedited processing ($160 total including Change of Agent fee, $200 including our service fee)
    2. $220 for same-day processing ($270 total including Change of Agent fee, $310 including our service fee)

    If you are a non-profit corporation, you MUST let us know as the filing fee is only $5. We want to ensure that we charge you the correct amount.

Using VPM as Your Registered Agent for a NEW Entity

If you are forming a new company and using a formation service or lawyer to form your new business, you just need to provide them our information as your registered agent.  They will take care of the rest.  

If you are filing your own formation documents, then your Certificate of Formation (or initial formation document) will require you to designate the registered agent.  Usually, this is written in one of the sections called "Registered Agent". Please reach out to us at the following email address to obtain the information required to complete the registered agent section and to notify us that you'll be utilizing our registered agent service. 

After Switching Your Registered Agent Service to VPM

Once you have formally switched to us, everything works similarly to how we process your regular mail.

  • When we receive formal legal mail, including any litigation notice, we scan it online for you to view and process.
  • You can either ask us to forward the mail or open and scan it. For urgent matters, you may submit a special request to forward mail using Express Mail.

Keep Your Account in Good Standing

If your mailbox is suspended or canceled, we will no longer act as your registered agent. We will file with the state to remove ourselves as your agent.  Note that if you do not have a designated registered agent, the Delaware State may suspend your company or revoke your status.  So make sure to keep your VPM account in good standing.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us